Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Doodle 29 - Pumpkin Head


Pumpkin Head
 Pumpkin Head!!!  How totally un-original, yet totally awesome!  Not because the drawing itself is great, but because I actually got 10 minutes to doodle today.  I admit the theme is a bit out of season too.
I flop back and forth between wanting to be an artist and actually wanting it bad enough to do it for a living.  I get paid well for what I do right now (not art) and making a transition gets harder and harder the more my income goes up, because my art business would have to compete with where I'm at now. 
My lovely wife (whom I love more than you), reminds me that we don't have to do one thing forever, but perhaps I can finish my present work and then have the resources to pursue art.  I agree, but not completely, fearing the time will never come back, or won't materialize in the future.  I really fear that by not doing it, it will never be done...but whatever. 
I have a few other drawings from the children's book I should post, but need to polish them up and scan/edit them first.  If I was serious about art, they would have been finished weeks ago.  Here's hoping the future is bright!

Your pal,

Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment