Saturday, July 9, 2011

Doodle 11 - Broken Arm Champ


Broken Arm Champion
This piece is totally inspired by my son, who broke his arm this last week (awe....), but who was also as excited as Chirstmas Day when he got his bright red cast on.  He was running down the hall acting like it was some kind of new Mega Man shooting gun arm that made him invincible and completely awesome.  It was very cute to watch his excitement.  His enthusiasm has since worn off, because the reality of an itchy, heavy, pokey, non-removable cast has sunk in. 
I think one of the best parts of being a parent is witnessing the joy of your kids when they get into something they think is really cool.  Hopefully I captured some of that here. 
Again, I went with ink...it's a phase I'm sure, but I do like it.  When I get my act together I'll finish putting the coloring book online, so you can print pages out for your kids...or yourself.
Thanks for looking,
Tyler