Thursday, August 4, 2011

Doodle 18 - Monster Momma

Monster Momma
Something new!  It's been a while and this is a good one to wait for.  I penciled this weeks ago, but just couldn't get around to finishing it until now.  Inspired by a true story...this is sort of an homage to my own bride, who so beautifully cares for a small army of little ones and is working to bring another into the world in a few months.  She is captivatingly attractive with her baby belly and seemingly endless tasks to accomplish.
The drawing had some spots I wanted to change up, but I was too late.  It works well, but could have been a bit better with some more robust planning.  It was fairly detailed, so clicking the image might be a good idea, to see the bigger size.
The fuzzy one is supposed to be the pet, but I was thinking it could also be another kid.  If it was another kid, I should have made each of them different looking, whereas now they are all goblin-ish, except the "dog."  I couldn't decide on how best to set them in space.  I toyed with adding some grass or a floor behind them, to give a sense of position, but it just didn't sit well and I left them hanging on in the nether region.  I think it would make a nice addition to the coloring book though.
I am awaiting Adobe's approval for CS5, which I bought on the student discount.  You have to submit proof of being a student before they will do the transaction.  Once I get it, I'll be able to create the coloring book pages the way they are supposed to be.  I've also seen Photoshop has some crazy new features that are quite impressive.  I look forward to messing with that.  Don’t forget to share the blog with friends and family and other locals.
Thanks again,
Tyler   

No comments:

Post a Comment